If you are interested in sharing your job opening with the Apra Indiana membership, please contact
Stephanie Brouwer. Job postings will remain active on this site for at least 60 days.
Current Openings (Updated June 25, 2019)
Director of Advancement Services at Parkview Health
Research Analyst at Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
Director of Development at Charles A. Tindley in Indianapolis, IN
Director of Advancement Services at Parkview Health in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Summary: Provides leadership and direction for Foundation advancement operations that support the Foundation’s fundraising initiatives. Responsible for overseeing data base management, prospect research, supervising the gift processing and acknowledgement process, financial reporting and fund management. Provides leadership, supervision and coaching of the advancement team and other Foundation staff. Responsible for recruiting, training, and managing co-workers in support of data analysis services and prospective donor research. Works closely with all fundraising staff to support an array of fundraising activities including annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, and special event fundraising. Leads the effort to produce stewardship reports and works closely with the Finance and Accounting teams.
Education: Bachelors degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology.
Certification: Membership in the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA) preferred.
Experience: A minimum of five years of experience in advancement operations database management and prospect research including direct experience with data analysis and reporting and prospect qualifying and identification. Experience in the healthcare sector is a strong plus. Innovative and inspiring leadership style with strong critical/analytical and problem-solving skills. Extensive experience in information systems management and expert-level knowledge of Raisers Edge is essential. Ability to lead and train team members for cross functionality. Service-oriented team player with a collaborative and engaging work style. Strong verbal written and interpersonal skills. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to think ahead and effectively manage multiple projects. Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel PowerPoint and Word.
For more information or to apply, click here.
Research Analyst at Purdue University, West Lafayette Campus
Location: Purdue University campus, West Lafayette, Indiana
Supervisor: Cindy Teron, Associate Director, Prospect Development
- Identify and rate new prospects in order to grow the prospect pipeline.
- Write reports, briefing materials, summaries, or profiles as needed by University officers and key volunteers to further Purdue’s fundraising programs.
- Assist development officers in evaluating prospects based on estimated net wealth, giving capacities, as well as other factors, in order to create cultivation and solicitation strategies for prospects.
- Assist development officers and their staff by training them in the use of research materials, on-line databases, prospect management functions of Ellucian’s Advance and Reeher, and other tools for prospect research and prospect management.
- Coordinate with development officers and staff to strategize activities regarding prospects/donors and to share information appropriately by using the prospect management program, by attending unit, individual, corporate, and foundation campaign meetings, and by other identified means; make suggestions for portfolio additions.
- Ensure that the University Development Office’s records (on-line alumni/development database and documents) contain accurate and complete information.
- Consult with and advise the Information Services staff and other development offices or departments, as needed, during implementation of Ellucian’s Advance upgrades and electronic screening implementation.
- Participate in other appropriate projects, as determined and assigned by the Director or Associate Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills are required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and good organizational skills are required.
- Must have knowledge of how to search commercial on-line databases, internet websites, and other more traditional resource materials.
- Must be familiar with basic word processing.
- Good working knowledge of Excel and any donor database preferred.
- Regular and reliable attendance are requirements of this position.
- Two years of experience in development and fundraising, preferably in prospect research in an academic environment is desired.
- Similar experience acceptable in business (e.g., corporate intelligence, legal research, marketing, journalism, or libraries).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to the Director of Human Resources at email@example.com by Friday, June 28, 2019. A criminal conviction check and negative controlled substance test are required for employment in this position. Purdue Research Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. https://www.prf.org/careers/
Director of Development at Charles A. Tindley in Indianapolis, Indiana
The Director of Development leads the Development Department and works closely with the CEO and Board of Directors to oversee and manage all aspects of Tindley’s development program. The Director of Development must be able to think strategically and practically to implement a comprehensive and results-oriented development plan that includes traditional and innovative strategies. Key components of this plan should include goals, strategies, and timetables for the Tindley, major and capital gifts, the endowment campaign, alumni giving, planned giving, and matching gifts, and should include a complementary focus on prospecting and tactics to build key relationships with alumni, families, and community, corporate, and foundation leaders.
To learn more or to apply click here.
Posted May 21, 2019