If you are interested in sharing your job opening with the Apra Indiana membership, please contact
Stephanie Brouwer. Job postings will remain active on this site for at least 60 days.
Current Openings (Updated July 8, 2019)
Foundation Administrative Asst/Office Manager at Riverview Hospital
Development Database and Prospect Research Manager at the Indiana State Museum
Director of Advancement Services at Parkview Health
Foundation Administrative Asst/Office Manager at Riverview Health in Noblesville
The Administrative Assistant is an energetic, amicable, and highly organized individual who provides key support in the day-to-day operations of Riverview Health’s Foundation. The Administrative Assistant works independently and is the first face and voice of the Foundation for current and prospective donors. The Administrative Assistant maintains databases, provides administrative support, and collaborates in the planning, implementation and execution of events and other stewardship activities with the Executive Director, Volunteer Services Manager, Philanthropy Officer and Foundation Board of Directors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine database codes for each donor contribution and enter into Foundation donor database. This includes notes, additions, changes, and deletions, with 95% accuracy. Review obituaries and/or other media, daily, for comparison against donor database and update accordingly. Attach information related to gifts in the database including check and documentation, as needed/required.
- Create ad hoc and delivered reports from databases, or other tracking systems, on either a scheduled or requested basis. These reports include, but may not be limited to: end-of-year gifts, prospects, donor records (current gifts, upgrades, write-offs, etc), donor/prospect history, cash, pledge and edit lists, monthly gift reports by category/amounts, monthly account balancing, assistance with annual audit and the preparation of 990, etc.
- Identify, research and record donor prospects.
- Complete a variety of gift tracking and communication duties such as: daily recording and preparing receipt of gifts and pledges, prepare and mail notification cards and acknowledgement letters within 48 hours of gift receipt of gifts, develop fund files and liability files as required, accommodate special requests related to gift processing, research and process matching gifts as appropriate, research and resolve issues with gifts.
- Schedule meetings/appointments for Executive Director, Volunteer Services Manager and Philanthropy Officer as appropriate or requested. Prepare meeting agendas and distribute supporting documents, attend meetings, secure required signatures and maintain original official corporate minutes in a permanent chronological order.
- Perform a broad range of administrative duties to support smooth operations of the Foundation and Volunteer Services. These may include, but are not limited to: ordering office supplies as well as letterhead, brochures, and envelopes, opening mail, coding and submitting invoices for approval and payment, typing and mailing individual letters as well as larger bulk mailings for special events.
- With approval from the Executive Director, prepare and publish an annual calendar of Board and committee meetings and maintain calendar appointments for all Foundation and administrative staff as appropriate. Notify Board of Directors of meetings, providing adequate notice and appropriate documents for preview in advance of meetings. Track RSVPs from Board of Directors and committee members.
- Track and monitor pledge activity through the development and/or maintenance of a database/spreadsheet. Use the database to produce and mail monthly reminders. Report delinquent pledges to Executive Director and Philanthropy Officer as required per office protocol. Make appropriate adjustments to pledge records and work with Payroll to update/record payroll deductions.
- Other duties as assigned.
For more information or to apply click here.
Posted July 8, 2019
Development Database and Prospect Research Manager at Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites
The Development Database and Prospect Research Manager reports to the Chief Development Officer and is responsible for maintaining the development database, analyzing data, creating reports, processing gifts, integrating data from the visitor services database into the development database and reconciling gift data with accounting. The incumbent will also oversee the prospect management pipeline and provide research to expand prospective donors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage membership and development data for all 12 Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites locations.
- Integrate membership and development data from Visitor Services’ database (Gateway) into Development’s database (The Raiser's Edge).
- Research and analyze data and prepare custom reports for all aspects of development and membership.
- Coordinate and conduct all data operations including, but not limited to, gift and data entry, queries, reports, imports, exports, mail house lists, duplicate resolution, custom reports, donor recognition, communications and analysis within the development database.
- Manage system information for all fundraising campaigns including membership, annual fund, capital, endowment and planned giving.
- Ensure the integrity of the database by identifying, implementing and documenting the ongoing data cleanup processes. Provide research for ongoing improvement of the organization’s data management policies and practices.
- Serve as the primary liaison with technical support for donor software.
- Complete training as necessary to ensure organization fully uses and understands donor software capabilities.
Research and Analysis
- Run development, membership, campaign and other reports to analyze trends and/or opportunities to maximize developed revenue.
- Support prospect research through a high level of knowledge of best practices and trends.
- Conduct independent prospect, corporate and foundation research in coordination with the Chief Development Officer and development colleagues.
- Handle all development invoicing, pledge reminders and gift acknowledgement letters.
- Assist in rating and strategic planning for individual, corporate and foundation prospects. What we're looking for
- 2-3 years of experience with The Raiser's Edge or a comparable CRM database strongly preferred.
- Proven experience with data mining and analysis; ability to build complex queries and develop revenue reports departmentally, individually for each fundraiser and by constituent segmentation.
Previous experience with prospect research and knowledge of fundraising and donor relations. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, grammar and proofreading abilities as well as excellent computer and database skills. Strong time management and organizational skills required. Must be able to manage multiple projects concurrently and make decisions quickly. Must exude professional image and have the ability to handle people and situations with tact, diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality and a sense of urgency. Strong critical thinking and customer service skills required. Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment where priorities and direction may change frequently.
To apply, please email Kate Brownlee, Chief Development Officer, at email@example.com with cover letter and resume.
To view more information or to apply click here.
Posted July 1, 2019
Director of Advancement Services at Parkview Health in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Summary: Provides leadership and direction for Foundation advancement operations that support the Foundation’s fundraising initiatives. Responsible for overseeing data base management, prospect research, supervising the gift processing and acknowledgement process, financial reporting and fund management. Provides leadership, supervision and coaching of the advancement team and other Foundation staff. Responsible for recruiting, training, and managing co-workers in support of data analysis services and prospective donor research. Works closely with all fundraising staff to support an array of fundraising activities including annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, and special event fundraising. Leads the effort to produce stewardship reports and works closely with the Finance and Accounting teams.
Education: Bachelors degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology.
Certification: Membership in the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA) preferred.
Experience: A minimum of five years of experience in advancement operations database management and prospect research including direct experience with data analysis and reporting and prospect qualifying and identification. Experience in the healthcare sector is a strong plus. Innovative and inspiring leadership style with strong critical/analytical and problem-solving skills. Extensive experience in information systems management and expert-level knowledge of Raisers Edge is essential. Ability to lead and train team members for cross functionality. Service-oriented team player with a collaborative and engaging work style. Strong verbal written and interpersonal skills. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to think ahead and effectively manage multiple projects. Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel PowerPoint and Word.
For more information or to apply, click here.